Greater New York Academy has been established primarily for the youth of the Greater New Conference in grades nine through twelve who express and demonstrate a sincere desire for a Christian education, and who pledge to live by the standards of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Students who are not affiliated with the Greater New York Conference will be accepted if space is available, and if they meet the admission requirements.
Greater New York Academy admits students regardless of race, religion, color, national and ethnic origin to all programs and activities generally made available to students at school, in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, and other Academy-administered programs.
Students seeking enrollment at Greater New York Academy should carefully study the school's principles and aims as described in the official school bulletin to determine if they are in accord with the purposes of their own lives.
All new students must submit an application form available from the registrar's office along with a non refundable $50.00 application fee. All letters of inquiry and application information should be sent to:
Greater New York Academy
41-32 58th Street
Woodside, NY 11377
Applications will be considered when all of the following have been received:
- Completed application form with appropriate fee.
- Transcripts of credits earned in other secondary schools or eighth grade diploma and report card. Students must request their previous school to forward this information to Greater New York Academy.
- Recommendation forms from two responsible people (previous principal, teacher, church pastor) mailed directly to the Registrar of Greater New York Academy.
- Medical Records
- Immunization records
- Physical examinations (all new students)
- Medical release form (signed by parent)
- TB Mantoux Test results (Required of all first- time secondary school entrants in NYC)
Important Note. Apply well in advance of registration. A faculty admission committee must evaluate all applications before notification of acceptance can be sent. Application and acceptance are required of each student before registration for classes may be completed.
All students must register on or before the date indicated in the school calendar. Those who register late may not be able to carry a full class load.
To enroll a student at Greater New York Academy, the parent or guardian must accept financial responsibility for the student by signing an agreement with the school. Parents are advised that students can be suspended should their account fall in arrears in excess of 30 days, unless satisfactory arrangements have been made with the Business Office.